Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, April 25, 2010

?????

So I have heard at least a handful of people I consider Friends comment about how they wish they had more Friends, closer Friends, etc. Say how they feel left out, like nobody accepts them for who they are, and so on. Like all of their Friends have moved on and left them behind.

And the thing I don't understand, is that I have mentioned to all of them that I think they're great, care about them etc. And yet the message I get when I either get NO reaction or a dismissive one is that I am not the person they want to make them feel cared about.

They want more, closer, appreciative Friends. But not Me. Ok. I guess. Not that I think I'm something special, but it's there loss.

I am loyal, caring, supportive, appreciative, take into consideration others' feelings, enjoy helping others feel good about themselves......

And yet, I guess I just mis the mark on someone that people want to be that kind of Friend. They want the people who EVERYONE else wants too. They want a trophy. They want the "popular" choice. Ok.

But then for Heaven's sake, don't complain about being lonely, unappreciated, misunderstood, not having any reliable close Friends, etc. It's like when My Children complain that they're hungry. Ok, "Here is some food." "No, I don't want that." Well, sorry, don't complain that you're hungry ;-)

I am grateful for the people I have in my life. The wonderful supportive Friends who come from all walks of life, and not always are what I expected to find when I went looking for Friends.

Another thing I am realitively, albeit pleasantly surprised by is the lack of LDS Friends I have here. I have a lot of fun with the Mom's I've met through Playgroup (and on Myspace ;-) I just don't really connect with the LDS Moms here. And boy am I grateful that I am not chasing the people who just aren't near as much fun as the ones I have been fortunate enough to call My Friends.

2 comments:

Amber said...

Candace, I just wanted to let you know that I appreciate your friendship. I enjoy reading your blog because its nice to see real life topics. I like knowing that there are others that have many struggles as I do and that I am not alone. Life is not perfect and those who have not had trails don't know what REAL life is about and have no room to talk and judge. I must also say I don't connect with most of the LDS moms in my area they all seem to live in a Bubble World.

Candace said...

Thank you Amber. I am really hoping that David will get this job and we will be able to move to the Salt Lake/Tooele area and that I can start a Mom's group of sorts like we have here. Thank you for your Friendship as well.

Followers