Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Why so late?

I HATE that it's almost compulsory for me to blog late at night.

I came across the Blog of someone from High School who married the one Guy who letting him get away made me NOT make the same mistake with David. I fell HARD for this guy way before Jared, and was heart broken when we didn't work out over a really unfair misunderstanding.

Her Blog is eye opening for me. I realized after finding and reading her Blog, that I am very content to have the life I do.

David is perfect for me. I can't see anyone else having what it takes to help me reconcile who I was, and who I am with who I want to be.

I'm sure even without the mistakes that made the path I've walked my course, I would have hit a phase where I needed to be untamed. And lots of Guys prolly would have struggled with that. (not untamed like having an affair. just needing more in my life.) David rides the tides of my phases like a pro! (most of the time ;-)

But his wife makes me want to be better. Needless to say, she's never been arrested ;-)

I am so grateful for the relationship David and I have. We've made it through some incredibly hard times, and our connection to eachother has been vital!

No comments:

Followers