Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Friendship and the abuses that it entails

I became Friends AGAIN with a person I am Friends with one month and the next not.

And LITERALLY within HOURS, the Drama I had been blissfully without, was back. I realized then, that I had taken for granted the limited drama in my life. Forgotten how much drama was NORMAL when Friends with certain people. And it made me literally sick to my stomach.

I CANNOT figure out those who seek it out. It finds me so naturally in my life that the LAST thing I need is to actually ASK for it.

With David's outbursts, and how much a fight like the one we had Sunday disrupts our lives, not to mention the habit I have of randomly going to jail, combined with FOUR Children (on a good day, 5 or 6 on a bad day), I have enough DRAMA to last me several lifetimes.

So the concept that people seem to FEED off of extra fascinates me.

No comments:

Followers