Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, April 8, 2010

I need a drink ;-)

Those of you who have never had alcohol don't realize all of the different ways it can affect you.

It's been a while since I've had any. And I'll tell you, that it serves multiple purposes.

I believe in the Word Of Wisdom in the Doctrine and Covenants of the LDS Church, and value my Temple Recommend (I've had to earn it). This is why I don't drink.

But I'll tell you, for someone with a busy mind like mine, it would be nice to have a drink to quiet it for a bit.

Alcohol is the only thing that turns off certain channels and allows me to think of one thought at a time, or have it be just quiet inside my head. (No, I don't have visions or hear voices like some people who use alcohol to quiet their minds do.... believe it or not, I am quite healthy mentally ;-) I just have a TON to think about and process ALL THE TIME.

And I can see some days why some Stay at Home Moms, drink! It's amazing just how crazy a day with 4 Children constantly on the move really is. But I am very grateful to not have to deal with the addiction it can become... that is certainly the LAST thing I need in my life!

So, to those of you who have never tried it, don't. But to those of you who know exactly what I'm talking about.....well, have one for me ;-)

No comments:

Followers