Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, April 12, 2010

Lather, Rinse, Repeat.... and Repeat again, and again

I do all of my really deep thinking in the shower. It's the only place I can really do it. The Children almost never have the chance to bother me, and on the occasions that I shower when they can, I don't get into the in depth stuff.

I take my time and let it get nice and steamy. I pray, contemplate, remember, plan....

I read one Mom's heading to her Blog stating that it's rare to be able to shave and wash her hair in the same shower. Not me. If I want to do both, I can.

But that's because at least 50% of the time when I shower, it is really well planned out and either David is here, or I make SURE the Girls are able to handle themselves.... and of course I plan according to Jacob's naps.

Anyway, because that's where I do my deep thinking, I get really off track sometimes. And will wash my hair several times simply because I remember putting shampoo in my hand.... and then I can't remember what I did next.

But it's also symbolic. My life takes on a Groundhogs Day quality when I make real mistakes, or don't handle a situation right. I often find myself in that same situation several times, depending on how many tries it takes for me to get it right.

No comments:

Followers