Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Monday, April 26, 2010

It pays off

All of my days and nights, weeks, months and years of battling with the Law, David, stress, people who don't understand, etc has it's perks believe it or not!

It's finally come to a point where I can look at people (David comes to mind ;-) and say "I've done it, so can you."

This morning, David and I were talking about our new schedule, and he was getting kind of crabby. I looked at him and said "You don't put up with my crankiness, I will not put up with yours. We're both tired, but your being rude and unsupportive. Knock it off."

Now, I don't really want to be like that on a normal basis. But once in a while, it sure feels good to actually have some ground to say it!

No comments:

Followers