Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, April 28, 2010

Realizations after My World Ended

Satan must HATE me. SERIOUSLY. I am not even close to perfect. But I do not know how to give up. I am programmed to my core to keep going no matter what. I may stumble, breakdown, slow down, but to the very depths of who I am, I don't know how to not keep going. I get lost. I trip. I get bumps and bruises. But I always find my way back, get up, brush myself off, and "Just keep swimming."

And here's the thing: it's because it is the one thing that always pays off. I have so much success with this way of doing things. (no not the falling, etc. but the getting up and trying)

Because of this, I have to admit, I have a very low tolerance or patience with quitters. Because I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND WANTING TO GIVE UP. But if I can keep going, and continue making my own destiny rather than accepting defeat....

I will say this though: I TOTALLY UNDERSTAND feeling hopeless, unloved, worthless, and all of those other emotions. And here's what I have to say: That's why God gave us chocolate doughnuts and sunshine! Best medicine EVER!!! :-)

No comments:

Followers