Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, April 2, 2010

Sorry for the language, but there's no other word I can use with this one

BITCHOLOGY: When I stand up for myself and my beliefs, they call me a bitch. When I stand up for those I love, they call me a bitch. When I speak my mind, think my own thoughts or do things my own way, they call me a bitch. Guess what, I'm proud of it!!

It's so true! When a Man is assertive, he's a "go getter." When a Woman is assertive, well.... she IS viewed as a Bitch.


I have had to stare down this stereotype for years.

And it's misguided and completely unfair.

But if it's a choice between people thinking I am one, or backing down.... my choice is NEVER to back down when it comes to the things I believe in.

I've been told everyhthing from how I run my home to how I change a diaper; how many time a day I wash my hands to how I handle laundry is "Not Normal."

SERIOUSLY people, find something else to worry about!!!!!

If I had the amount of time and energy on my hands that it would take to nit pick over someone the way people do with me, my life would be completely void of meaning and I'd seriously be in need of getting a life!

I'll tell you what I AM: I am a fighter. I am a survivor. I take the hits, and keep on going. I know how to stand my ground. But I DON'T ever abuse or take adavantage of people knowingly. EVER!

No comments:

Followers