Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, April 24, 2010

I hate my past

Some days, I truly and genuinely HATE my past and some of the people associated with it.

I feel a lot lately like an outsider to a life I worked so hard at. I LOVED School. I LOVED My Friends and the experiences I had.

But it's like watching a life that I created, choreographed, orchestrated continue to play without me. I have a really hard time watching a group of Friends that I brought together, continue to be close, while I watch.... outside.

Not to sound snotty, but at least 5 of my closest Friends MARRIED guys that I introduced them to. And 4 out of the 5 were MY EX Boyfriends.

And Person "x" who I met and introduced to person "y" still hangs out with person "y" and they barely remember I exist. (Sorry, I think this kind of is a spin off from Kim and Ginger's recent posts ;-) And it SUCKS!

It kind of comes back to my need to either completely remove myself or completely immerse myself in the Utah "Life." I can't be in AND out of Utah. And it's hard because My Family, and David's Family are in Utah. And it's not like I can remove myself completely from everything in Utah without our relationship, which is better than ever being affected drastically. So now what?

I guess I keep praying that David gets this job in Anchorage, and we get to move to Tooele. :-)

No comments:

Followers