Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, April 10, 2010

Marriage

David just came home from the store. I read him Ginger's posts about getting a new car. He asked what her husband was getting in return.

I asked him "Do you Guys really need ANYTHING in return?" He said, "Haven't you learned by now that all you have to do is ask, and bat your little eyelashes at me, and if I could afford it, I'd buy you a new car?" I replied with, "It's that easy, huh?!" Good to know. ;-)

Meanwhile, this is the 5th time in a week that I have sent him to the store for Coke. And he STILL didn't get any. When we were at Walmart the other day, we were going to buy sme, and he stated that it was cheaper at Smith's. So, we didn't buy it. Guess what? He was wrong! And now he has to go BACK to Smith's and get it.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

He has a wife, who loves and adores him and three children whom she takes the BESTEST care of so that he never has to worry for his offspring and his absolute JOY at providing for his family is his ultimate reward. The idea of providing more room and more delights for the ppl he loves the mostest brings him happiness. Of course he'd never say it like this but I'll say it for him. ;)


P.S. He gets LOTS of stuff, not some of which are material. :D

Candace said...

LOL! I told David that Foy gets "playtime" more often than he does too ;-)

Followers