Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, April 8, 2010

My Dad

I don't bring this up much because My Dad hasn't really been a part of my life since I was 5. But I recently connected with My Cousin, Sean. He's my Dad's Sister's Son.

He looks JUST like My Dad use to. It's insane.

It's such a double edged sword to have connected with him. It brings up so many questions, and I don't want to overload him. I saw My Aunt (His Mom) when I was 16 or so, and can't think of why I didn't see Sean or His Brother, Ryan.

And since I have had NO news of My Dad since then, I have no idea if he's even still alive. And to the best of my knowledge, neither does My Aunt.

So, for now, I just sort of exist with the ability to see and talk to My Cousin for the first time in my life.

No comments:

Followers