Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, April 10, 2010

I found this in an email folder. I had totally forgotten about it.

This is a letter from Jared to David from 2008:



So you have found me out. Good for you. But did you find something new? No, you did not. Everything you learned is what has been told to you before. She has been honest. Did you listen? Maybe you should have. I am not here to break what you have. Unless you straighten up, you will do that on your own. Maybe I should not have told you to straighten up. I do it for one reason and one person alone. You are married to her. You love her, at least I hope you do. I trust that you do. So why am I a threat? I shouldn't be, but yet you consider me one.

Let me explain something to you. Yes, I love her. That is true. But if you understood it you would know that I am more interested in her well being and that of your daughters as well than I am in getting her back. Has it crossed my mind. I would lie if I said no. But you are married to her. I would be villain if I did not respect that, and after all, that is what this is about. Respect. Well, respect and love. I respect and care about her. Did you read that file carefully? You should have. There is one part that is a key for you. It has to do with respect, although it does not say so.

I am here if you would like my help. I would be more than willing to help. We have a common interest. You are married to her so you should have more of an interest vested in this. I am not trying to chastise or threaten you, so please do not be defensive. Do not fear me nor be threatened by me. If anything I warning you. Not that I will take her from you. That would be disrespectful. I am just saying that you might be chasing her away. Please take heed and change. I believe that she does love you. Will you love her too?

**********************************************************
In case you haven't noticed, I am trying to wrap up my past. I have never gotten the chance to purge like this because I have been so worried about what others would think. Not any more. So, out it all comes in order to finish healing. I understand that it's been almost 2 years. But again, I held back to save face. I'm in denial no more.

No comments:

Followers