Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, April 8, 2010

Do unto Others

There is a guy that is "friends" with one of my friends who is incredibly UN Christian. I don't know his Religious denomination, but if he's religious at ALL, he prolly doesn't really listen to what they teach, since most religions whether Christian or not teach kindness and the Golden Rule. This guy is "always right" and a hypocrite. And the worst part is how vocal he is about how much he knows about situations he's never been in. He has been pretty harsh in response to my comments about how grateful I am right now to have the help of certain Government Programs right now with our situation even though I try to keep the "System" out of our lives as much as possible. He has made it very clear that he looks down on anyone, no matter what their "excuse" may be who uses the Welfare programs at ALL. He has even stated that it is stealing since it comes from his paycheck without his permission (not that the Government is stealing, but that the person using the Government programs is stealing).

It, along with my adventure last week made me realize the power and ability to judge that very few people have.

Sorry to once again go all "religious" however, this brings up Jesus Christ in my mind. He could and CAN judge because he has actually experienced EVERYTHING!

He can look at a person combined with a situation and know whether they could or could reasonably handle it appropriately or not, and if they did.

Another part to this is the fact that I truly believe in Karma. What you give is what you get back.

If you give a little, you get a little. If you give EVERYTHING, sooner or later you get just as much back, from someone or some where. If you gove NOTHING, you get exactly that. People who judge others and are unwilling to help those who need it, have the free agency to make that choice. But it's a pretty lonely and barren choice to make. Because their lives are not rich and full of the diversity and blessings that serving others and in return being the recipient of others efforts provide.

1 comment:

Amber said...

I hate those who look down on those who use some of the walfare help there is. I don't like using it and wish things where different but we get food stamps and if we did not my kids would not have much to eat in our house. Those who judge have not been in the situation to ask for the help because that part is not easy at all to admit you need the government to do something you have been strugling to do yourself.

Followers