Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Boys

Please don't misunderstand when I "talk" about this topic. But let's just say boys were a HUGE deal for me when I was a teenager/20 year old. I liked them, and almost ALL of the ones I liked, reciprocated. As much of a self-esteem boost as that was, it made life dramatic and complicated.

Anyhow, the reason I bring this up is because I am chatting, at 3:30 am, with a dear Friend from HS. A Boy.

There was never anything romantic between us. However, looking back several times in the past decade, I realized that had I not been stupid, we could have had something. That however would have ruined a great Friendship, I'm sure. I never put 2 and 2 together then.

It's crazy though. We did a lot together. And he is the Friend of several of the guys I dated. Josh and Mike. 2 BIG relationships for me.

This guy is redheaded and colorblind, and I adore him to this day.

Again, don't misunderstand. I LOVE David. And there isn't another guy on the planet who I could work with the way I do him. We are made for eachother.

It's just crazy to be here and now looking back at then.

No comments:

Followers