Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, May 12, 2010

I'm Callin' BS!

I'm having one of those days where I want to declutter my life. And I'm talking PEOPLE! I totally have gotten SICK of the "I try to look nice and give some "Friendly" excuse, when the real reason is ...." crap.

It's like when one of my BEST Friends and I weren't speaking after SHE stole and married MY boyfriend. SHE was mad at ME. And for 5 years, I had NO idea what I had done. It came to a point where there was NOTHING she could say that was worse than the silent treatment. She could call me any name in the book, and at least she'd be giving a reason. "I hate you because you ____." Or "I hate you because you are ____." Was WAY better than I'm just ignoring you.

I know I'm abrasive. I know I'm confrontational. If you've thought it, I know it about myself. I know my faults. I know my weaknesses. I also know that I would give you the shirt off my back if you needed it. And I am loyal. And I am empathetic. And I love deeply. And I NEVER turn my back on people. And the very first thought that enters my head when I hear that somebody needs help is "What can I do?" I NEVER leave it up to others to help out. If you're lonely, I'm there to ease your loneliness. If you're lost, I'm more than willing to help you in what ever way I can. If you need a Friend, I'll be your Friend. If your car breaks down, I'll give you a ride. If your washer breaks, you can use mine. If I'm going to the park, you can come too. If I'm cooking dinner, you can have some. If I'm watching a movie, you can watch it too.

While others are talking about doing things, I am doing them. While people are saying "I would have food storage, but I have no where to put it." I am putting it in closets, or under beds if I have to. While people are saying "I'd love to help, but I can't." I'm finding a way.

It comes down to "I just don't want to." And that's FINE. Be who you are. Not what people WANT you to be. But be HONEST about it.

Don't tell me that you'd come, but it's too far away if you don't mean it because I will normally find away to either bring it to you or I will come and get you. And when you turn me down anyway, I will call BS.

Don't tell me you're interested if you're not.

Don't tell me you care if you don't.

Don't say "I would but,..." If you wouldn't.

BECAUSE I WILL CALL BS!

No comments:

Followers