Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Wishing doesn't alway make it so

There are some things you can wish for all you want and they just will NEVER happen. Other things, with the right attitude, and a REAL desire, can be realized.

I am realizing this with my relationships. It's times like these when I REALLY wish I had a sister, or the kind of friend who was like a "mind twin."

Someone who would pick up on the little "routines" I go through. You see, there are certain things I do ONLY at certain times.

I really AM lucky. Because David picks up on them for the most part. But he is after all a GUY, and they are only intuitive to a point.

Like last night, he noticed me sleeping on my stomach. TOTALLY random to most. But he knows I'm not a stomach sleeper.

I'm eating healthier. Craving vitamin C. EXERCISING. It comes naturally to me at certain points in my life. I don't have to think about it. I just gravitate towards these things.

And it's predictable.... well, at least something about it is.

Unfortunately, I tell David so much that being intuitive isn't necessary on everything.

Maybe it goes back to the Parable of the Diamond Ring and "If you Build it..." thinking. Maybe what it is, is that I make up my mind that I want something, and between God and Me, it forms a plan and comes into being.

So making up my mind and telling David, kind of set things in motion and everything just falls in line. BOY I need that to work with this House and Job in Alaska.

No comments:

Followers