Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, May 1, 2010

It's just a house

I am sure so many of you are sick of hearing about this house. But I cannot tell you how this house just FITS us. It's like I came up with a plan for how I wanted my life to go, and this house just fits that spot in the puzzle. But it's a LONG shot! First of all, we don't have the BEST credit. Then there's the price. And add to that the fact that someone is going to be leasing it as of June 1st unless we can, in the next 29 days, get approved for the loan.

But my faith in God, and the things I have experienced tell me that it's possible that with HIS blessing, and help, the impossible isn't impossible.

I do know that it will bless not only our lives, but I see a lot of good that I can do with the location and space this house would provide.

One thing I want to look into is My Mom moving in with us. David and I have talked about this, and think it would actually work in a house like this. It has a segment of the basement that would give her the space she needs to still live independently and interact with us when she wanted. It has 2 kitchens, one right off of a bedroom, and "playroom" (that doesn't HAVE to be a playroom) so if she wanted to cook her own food and eat downstairs while she watched tv, she could. There is a separate entrance in that same segment of the house with NO stairs. Which means she can come and go without even having to see us, and she wouldn't have to deal with her knees bothering her going up and down the stairs. The ONLY thing she would have to go anywhere to use is the bathroom. The one in the basement is down the hall by the Kids rooms, but when she showers in the morning, they'll be asleep. And at the ages they're at, they don't even really need to use that bathroom.

Anyway, that's just ONE thing that this house would provide. There's also the fact that Elizabeth just CAN'T share a room. We've struggled with this since Elysia was a baby. And Jacob needs his own room too. Elysia and Abby could prolly share a room until they're ready to move out, but that still means we really need a min of 4 bedrooms. Then there's the fact that I really WANT two more pregnancies. So that's a min of one more bedroom.

So the original 4, +1, + My Mom leaves us ONE bedroom in this house. And that's really not much extra space. So it's not like we want this enormous house when we only NEED half the space. Especially when you add me homeschooling.

Then considering that I won't have the Playgroup here if we move. I want to be able to do something like it. The space of this house + the yard would let me be able to have something like that and be able to invite people over.

And I've already said that I LOVE having people over. I would host EVERY holiday if I could. And in this house, I COULD.

Again, this house is just PERFECT.

No comments:

Followers