Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Why Women Cheat

I've been thinking of this today after the 3 am post this morning. I worried that people might think my 3 am chat was a dangerous topic given.... well....

Here's the thing. Men and women generally cheat for COMPLETELY different reasons. Reasons that often share characteristics, and yet are completely different.

It's like the saying "Men will trade love in exchange for sex, while women will trade sex in exchange for love." They're underlying reasons, motives, and needs are just different.

There are ALWAYS exceptions. But in general.

When a Man has sex out of marriage, I really don't think they are thinking "long term." It's more of an "I like you. I'm attracted to you. And I want sex. Maybe it will be a long term thing. Maybe not. But for now...."

A Woman on the other hand is thinking "I am attracted to you. You make me feel good. I want you to continue to make me feel good. Let's seal the bond so we can feel good for a long time."

Jared wasn't because I had an over active sex drive. It wasn't even because I was lonely. It was because I wanted to be with him. I wanted to bond with him. Because I loved him.

David is sweet, understanding, and loyal. But if he were to cheat, it would be for completely different reasons. It would be because he was feeling unappreciated, and like he was owed something he wasn't getting.

And yes, I am going to say this: I was married, and I am not stupid enough to try to pass it off as anything else. BUT the marriage was over to a point where the ONLY thing we were waiting for was a judges signature.

Anyway, I'm going off on tangents. The point is that men and women often view sex differently. Have a different drive and need for it. It's fueled more by the physical need for men, and the emotional need for women.

No comments:

Followers