Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, May 23, 2010

Hold on the Light will Come!

"The message of this moment is so clear. And as certain as the rising of the sun. If your world is filled with darkness, doubt and fear, just hold on the light will come."

I am not one to pull a holier that thou attitude. I don not believe myself to be any better than the next person. I however DO believe that I have a more positive than average attitude. I have a lot of people to thank for that.

One thing I understand is the feeling of hopelessness. One thing I do not understand is quitting when things look hopeless. I have been called obsessive, stubborn, and many other words that all mean basically that when I wrap my mind around an idea, I hold to it, and have yet to have found any thing but a complete change in circumstances that will convince me to let go.

And NOTHING has been able to convince me to give up my faith. Struggle with it for a day here or there, yes. Who doesn't?! But I guarantee that when the sun comes up, it always brings with it a new hope and strengthening of my resolve, commitment and faith.

I've BEEN in most of your shoes. Really.

I have been a Single Parent with almost NO support or help. I have had to provide for my Children with NO way to do so. And I have always made it through.

I have cried and prayed over a Husband who seems cold, and without any sort of kind thoughts toward me or my Children. I have been in situations where NOTHING was able to get through to him. And everyone that I turned to for help told me how horrible I was.

I have been abused. I have been to the edge and back. I have contemplated suicide.

But that would be quitting. And that is one thing I do not know how to do.

I've been in jail, I've been through a Church Disciplinary Counsel, I've been divorced, without money, beaten, bruised, and broken. And I have come out of it so much stronger and grown up.

Some of you are in situations where it seems COMPLETELY HOPELESS. And it's just NOT! It IS always DARKEST before the dawn! But the dawn ALWAYS comes.

********************************************************

Now, with all of that, I think some actually may think "Well, you know how to handle the CRAP. But what about the "normal" stuff?"

I've been there too. And am daily. I am a SAHM with 4 children. I clean, cook (shocker I know ;-). Run children to appointments, dance, primary activities, playgroup, the park. I work around schedules. Attend church. Have a calling. Bake (once in a BLUE Moon ;-)

Believe me, I deal with the "normal" crazy as well as the "not so normal" crazy. And I manage pretty well with that too. :-D

No comments:

Followers