Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, May 11, 2010

Hopeless

Is something I have NEVER felt. I've come CLOSE. But I learned as a Teenager, that the sun always rises and when it does, things always seem better and have a silver lining. I understand CRAPPY circumstances. What I DON'T Understand is the "Glass is half empty" mentality.

I understand everything looking like there's no solution. But I don't understand whining and wallowing.

7 months ago, when we first faced running out of $, I could see NO solution in sight. And here we are 7 months later, and we have NEVER run out of the resources we need to survive. Things have been stressful. Resources are limited. But NEVER have they been none existent.

The people that I really struggle to understand are the ones who "Believe" in a God who says over and over that He will NEVER abandon them. And have prolly had MANY situations where they have been provided for. And yet they STILL have such a negative outlook.


"God has not ceased to be a God of miracles." Mormon 9:15

1 comment:

Donette said...

Sometimes that attitude is chemical, I can atest to that.

Followers