Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, May 9, 2010

My Husband

So, I know we have some Really bad days around here. But at least 345 days out of the year, I have THE BEST HUSBAND in the world. I think that's what gets me through the bad days.

Days like today remind me of this.

Let me just give you a few examples.

If I want to go out.... He backs me up, and takes care of the Children so I can go.

If I want to have people over.... He backs me up, and helps me clean, and usually cooks.

Tonight, I just decided that I wanted to invite people over next weekend. The first he heard of it was reading along as I typed the post inviting people over. And, he helped me grammar check and edit words, but that's it. No complaints, no questions.

If I enjoy something.... he does everything he can to make sure I get exposure to it as often as possible.

If I have a passion or belief in something.... he tries to support it. And sometimes that means backing me up even when he doesn't see or understand the appeal.

He lets me sleep in. He lets me eat whatever I want. And if I decide I want to go for a walk by myself, he takes care of the Children so I can go. He likes my body, even when I don't. He makes me feel attractive, when I look in the mirror and see anything BUT.

He Picks out GOOD names for our Children... I have heard of Husbands picking out some CRAZY names.... and that's not a concern I have with him.

On this Mother's Day, I am Incredibly grateful for My Husband!

No comments:

Followers