Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, May 7, 2010

Holy PISSED off Batman.

OMGOSH!!!!!!! I am such a complainer!!!! Yet I am at it again! ;-)

David's EX-Girlfriend from Jr High called David's Grandma "Grandma" tonight on a post on FB. I don't even call her that. And the Ex-Girlfriend has only met David's Grandma a couple of of times.

SHE CALLED HER GRANDMA. AND DAVID CANNOT UNDERSTAND WHY THIS BOTHERS ME. Oh, wait, I guess, Reader, I better fill you in.....

This was going to be a totally DIFFERENT entry. Until as I started to write, David got upset over my having a problem with his EX GIRLFRIEND calling his Grandma "Grandma."

So, now we're on to the fact that when we first moved to GR, David had a series of conversations on line with this Ex Girlfriend, that I had NO idea about until HER HUSBAND showed them to me. They were VERY inappropriate conversations. And for a while, I would not speak to her.... and yes, I gave David an ultimatum to not have any contact with her if he wanted to be with me.

Slowly, we were able to be Friends again.

And now, when my issue with her calling his Grandma "Grandma" came up, he took HER side. And yet, he has been known on several occasions to remind ME of my past mistakes. But I don't EVER defend Jared.

Here's the issue if you don't know WHY I am so upset: I often feel like I am a second class citizen in David's Family. My post a few days ago on favoritism. And I think it SUCKS that she gets to be the "Granddaughter" to a Woman whom she barely knows, but who is part of MY Family. I have worked HARD for my role as David's Wife.... and yet....

And now David and I aren't speaking. And he SERIOUSLY can't see why I'm upset about this.

The most OBVIOUS thing is that HE is being so defensive about this. Which tells ME that on SOME level, he GETS that it's a problem.

No comments:

Followers