Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Friday, March 19, 2010

AMEN Sister

Ginger, I have to warn you right now: You are soooo inspiring that you might just have to deal with me feeding off of your words and turning many of them into my own.

Ginger just wrote a blog about Women when it comes to their nature... as apposed to Men and theirs.

Women are designed to nurture. We are designed to protect life. We are designed to care more about the well being of those we nurture than our selves. Men protect and provide, but very few even have the ability to nurture on the level that a real Woman can.

However, if you threaten the things that a Woman has nurtured... her children, her home, her core, it can get incredibly ugly.

IT IS SOOOOO TRUE!!!!!!!!

That is one of the things I cannot agree with more! And believe it or not, society as a whole has lost sight of this. However, if a Woman is worth ANYTHING, she as stated above. And Men need to put their faith and effort into supporting and even defending this in the Women they love.

I've said it before and I'll say it again, I have in my care 4 of the most precious treasures in the world. I own a gun for this exact reason, and I WILL use it if they are threatened. And I don't just fight for their physical safety... but for the home that makes them feel safe and secure and provides for their emotional safety as well.

2 comments:

Ginger said...

Well, I'm a verbal person at heart...if you can't tell but I think you've taken the jist of what I said and said it much plainer and better thereby clarifying what I meant in my jumble of words.
We women have lost something in our fight for equality (ok ok ppl, keep your pants on). I believe in equaility and I embody that principle more than anyone but we've fought so hard to be equal but forgotten that we can be equal in A DIFFERENT way from a man and still be equal. We don't have to take up arms, work on the construction site or wear masculine clothing to be equal. We can be equal without being the SAME. <--great now I'm blogging on your blog...ok, this is a subject thats maybe better brought up on my blog.

Candace said...

Have at it. I have yet to see a moment where you took away anything.... you seem to add to everything you get a hold of!

Followers