Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Follow up

So, since I posted all about yesterday, without a conclusion after going to bed last night: It turns out that I was arrested over $25. I had overlooked the last $25 on a fine from a year and a half ago.

The other $296, was a collection, and a Civil Matter. Not why I was arrested. We still had to pay it, but really, we paid it for our peace of mind, not because that was what it was going to take for me to go home. It was a collection that put our van at risk (stupid though it was) and so since my mom provided the $, we paid it off.

The Court, it turns out will give you $15 credit toward fines for every day that you are in jail. So, the judge gave me credit for yesterday, and today (even though I was technically only there 1 full day (from last night till this afternoon)equalling $30 which wiped out the $25. So that was just completely dropped and around 12:30 this afternoon, I got my stuff, and walked out of there. (With permission of course ;-)

STUPID! Which is why I Hate the system... but that's a topic for another time!

Certainly NOT worth the emotional and mental stress it put on me and my Family. It turns out the paper (the actual Warrant) even said that I could just pay the $25 and didn't have to appear before the judge... ergo, I did Not need to be arrested.

Oh well, right.

Tonight we have the peace of mind that comes with knowing we're a bit more squared away than yesterday, so.....

No comments:

Followers