Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Jacob's Baby Doll Exploration

Abby was sitting on the floor, holding one of her Baby Dolls today (LOL, technically, yesterday.) Jacob saw it, and immediately dove for it. Abby pulled it away and said "No Jacob." Pretty defiantly. I told her to not be that way. To let him see it, and then she could have it back.

She very reluctantly conceded and allowed Jacob access to the doll. He crawled into her lap to get to it, grabbed at it's face and then took it to explore it further. He nuzzled it, and then crawled over it and moved on.

I gave Abby back the doll and said, "See, he's done. Now you can have her."

I thought it was a cool learning experience all around. For me to learn about Jacob. For Abby to learn to relax and share. And for Jacob... whatever he learned about this object he was able to get his hands on for the first time. I can only imagine what he thought about this thing that looked like a person, and yet had no life to it whatsoever.

No comments:

Followers