Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Learning Part II

So along with what I wrote last night, I am actually learning the lessons involved in the trials as well. I'm learning how to back off and play nice even when I don't WANT to be the Peace Maker. But I once read an entry in the Ensign where a Woman realized that she'd rather be Married than "Right."

My Family is soooo important to me. And all that it entales. We have had to fight evil for our Family to be together. And we are going to win.

Just as we start to make progress and get a "leg up," Satan turns up the volume. And he knows just where to hit us. And it works 99% of the time. But we are learning to take the hit, and not let it mortally wound us. We are also gettting better at keeping our Armor strong: building our testimonies, keeping the Spirit in our home, going to church, saying our prayers, etc. And that protection makes a difference.

I thought about it last night.... because whatever lesson needs to be learned, we need this trial our Family has been facing for the past 7 months to be OVER! And I realized that if I am not willing to learn anything from it, then what's the point. I kept thinking last night about whether David had learned HIS lessons. Who BLOODY cares what HE has learned. I can make all the difference if I have learned. And that is exactly what is going to happen. I am going to learn and practice the things I need to and that is going to make a world of difference.

I'll tell you though that this has been one unproductive week. We have taken two very well planned hits and even though we survived very well, it takes some major recovery. Sad, huh? Like I said they are well planned by the adversary. SOOOO all of the packing, and organizing I had planned for this week is taking a back seat to recovering emotionally. But I know The Lord plans and allows for this, and it's just a matter of getting our Family through this.

No comments:

Followers