Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Sunday, March 21, 2010

Planning a party

I plan WAY in advance for things that are improtant to me. That way we eliminate a lot of the "well, if I'd known sooner..." or, "I couldn't get it off..." People, here's 3 months notice, if you ask for it off now, then you should be ok. Sometimes, I give even more than that.

It's not easy for me to want to plan something and have things so up in the air. I hate the unknown and wondering, "If I plan this now, am I going to fall flat on my face when I can't pull it off because David's job doesn't work out/we aren't in the house we want."

But like I already said, I am a "If you build it" kind of person. The Lord seems to literally have me on that course. Because every time I do, somehow something works out. I have yet to have had to cancel an event. Something always works out... just like the "Parable of the Diamond Ring." (http://gimoosemom.blogspot.com/2009/11/parable-of-diamond-ring.html)
So, now I'm planning Jacob's 1st Birthday Party. And the people I can count on are the same as always. The same people who have always backed me up and made an effort will either be there or have a DAMN good excuse for missing it.

I knew in advance when I picked the date that Rachel and Dan prolly couldn't make it... it's Myra's Bday weekend, and I know that makes it hard. But I could have chosen the weekend before that, and would have run into Chase's Birthday weekend.... so, I tried to make it easier on everyone since I already know Deborah will prolly be having a party for Chase that weekend, where as it's not guaranteed with Myra.

So there it is. Planning an event is a multilayered thing for me. And I am IMMENSELY grateful to the WONDERFUL people who CONSITENTLY make us a priority and try to be there EVERY time! Unfortunately, it's not always our Family, and I expect this to change.

No comments:

Followers