Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Saturday, March 13, 2010

Some times, it's just time to stop trying

I am soooo happy to be back home.

I learn a lot on my trips to Utah. We sort of "Shove ourselves down our Families' throats" as David puts it. And therefore we get to see a lot of different sides of them.

Our Friends too.

And this last trip I realized that I keep trying to get the experience I WANT out of each trip. And it usually ends up being a frustration. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy our trips. But there are certain scenarios where really I just keep running into the same pane of glass saying "Maybe this time." (Bee Movie)

I am done. I have learned that the best way to change the experience, is to stop expecting different results from the same situations.

SOOOOO

We will be sticking close to home for a while.

I love seeing people that don't live close, and that I care about. But it takes too much to travel the way we do.

I am extending an open invitation to all that we are close to. My home is always open. However, we will be doing ALL of our Holidays at home for a while. Hopefully, we will be able to move to Tooele, and thereby be able to see the people we love AND stay close to home.

One thing that I LOVED about this trip was getting to go to the Temple TWICE. I was able to go to both the Draper, and Oquirrh Mountain Temples. That was great. My prayers are being focused on being able to move closer to a Temple soon. I want to be able to go often. But we have to pack half our home just to get to Salt Lake. And it is very taxing on us. There are just too many of us now.

1 comment:

Miriam said...

I thought it was fun having you here. I'm with you though, I always have some sort of expectation of how a trip will go and I never get what I am expecting. However I have found that If I expect the kids to be horrible in the van the whole time. I am usually pleasantly surprised when they are really good.

Followers