Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Not knowing when to leave well enough alone

Ok, so Adam Peeples just sent me yet another message. The one he sent earlier was pleasant enough. The message I sent back to him was courteous, and simply stated that I had never meant anything malicious and had simply stood up for what I believed in. In his first message, he requested that I call him. I don't know how many of you know this, but I don't like to talk to ANYONE on the phone except a VERY select few Friends and Family. I prefer to text or email. I think a lot of you are the same way.

I thanked him for the invitation to call, and told him that I prefer not to speak on the phone.

I believe that Adam is a manipulator. And I know from past experience that it is MUCH easier to manipulate someone on the phone than in a written message. I believe that is exactly why he wanted to speak on the phone. (I could go on and on on that topic ;-)

I told him that I was not a spy for his Ex Wife, in fact I had NEVER met her. And never planned to.

He told me what a nightmare being married to her was. I said that I understood, and was glad he was rid of that in his life.

What he was prolly hoping I would say was that I was wrong about what I said about him, and that I would retract it. However, instead, I told him that I stand behind what I believe in.

This was not what he wanted to hear.

The last message he sent to me was angry, accusing, and all about how much damage I had done to his campaign over a personal vendetta.

My Post on here is the only thing I have EVER said about him except ONE status on FB that said "Every time I see his name I want to scream." So this "post" is what he is referring to.... which btw, YES, I sent it to everyone I could think of who might vote in his District. But it is not slandering. It doesn't even reference his personal life or his Family (except as people I went to to learn the truth.) It simply states that I believe based on personal experience, that he is a bad choice for the office he is running for.

Something he has obviously missed in all of this, is that when you get into politics, you open yourself up to criticism. Your personal life is no longer private. Everything is fair game. That's just how it is. What I have said is prolly very near the bottom of the worst he will have said about him before he actually achieves his goal of being elected to a public office.

I told him in response that I stand behind what I have said, and that I have done nothing but my duty as an American Citizen. I have stood up to keep those I feel are a poor choice to represent me and those I love out of office.

He told me that he still pays tithing to the LDS Church (even though he has renounced his belief in that same church). I informed him that I couldn't care less if he pays tithing. What I care about is how he treats people.

He said that the damage I have created is already done, and that it hasn't benefited anyone. I told him that It HAS benefited me and the ones I love because A) I stood behind what I believe, B) I refused to stay silent while yet another poor choice was elected to represent me and my freedoms, and C) I have obviously accomplished what I set out to do: He wouldn't be so upset if no one was willing to listen to what I had to say. Obviously what I have to say is upsetting his chances of winning or else I am just a pest to ignore ;-). People are listening to me. And he doesn't like it.

His first message was an attempt to save face. And when I graciously declined his "invitation" to play HIS way, he got Angry! GOOD! Then I have achieved the goal I set out to reach. I have made my voice heard. It has become stronger, and I can hold my head up a bit higher.

1 comment:

Ginger said...

I don't know this Adam Peeples nor anything about him and that's fine by me but I would like to say that when ppl tithe a church that they don't believe in...well, that's enough said. Very annoying. It's like thinking you can make the ultimate payoff and get what you want..sheesh.

Followers