Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Blogging

I may be seriously reevaluating my blogging. A couple of House episodes ago, the main "case" was a Lady who blogged. She was very candid when she blogged. Ginger's blogging has me thinking too. I want to be more... um candid. Like Ginger has said, "You can't make this "stuff" up." ;-)

We were out all day today. And I LOVED it. I also love the days when I feel like a grown up. I mean, if I'm going to be one, I'd better be good at it. And no, today wasn't perfect... (as far as me being the perfect grown up) however, I think I did ok. I like the days when I feel certain of myself, and like I have some sense of how to do this.

I really enjoy the people I've grown close to here in Wy. It's different than other places I've lived. We really have fun. And I think we all think a lot alike and know the "social etiquette" of interacting.... for the most part.

I like contributing to the greater "whole." I like being in give and take relationships. I like situations where everyone contributes, and everyone gets something in return. I appreciate the people in my life who have taught me better how to give a bigger portion and balance things out better, rather than always taking the bigger share. I like situations that teach me how to be a better grown up.

I LOVE dinner parties and potlucks. Really, I do.

And I love my Friends who supply and enable my "addictions."

I guess tomorrow better be all about laundry. Because by Friday, it's time to have some more much needed Playgroup time. And then Saturday is another "Mommies' Night In."

I love David for understanding (Most of the time) how much I need my time away and a chance to interact with people I can relate to.

3 comments:

Ginger said...

Oh look, I made it into your blog! Yay, me! And it's lookin' good. Did David help you with it or is this ALL Candace?;)

Candace said...

I did all but getting the player to work right :-) David had to bring his technical skills into it. But the colors, layout, design, etc... even the cool PINK player is all ME ;-)

Candace said...

Oh, and Thanks :-)

Followers