Today's Quote

“As parents, we should remember that our lives may be the book from the family library which the children most treasure. Are our examples worthy of emulation? Do we live in such a way that a son or a daughter may say, ‘I want to follow my dad,’ or ‘I want to be like my mother’? Unlike the book on the library shelf, the covers of which shield its contents, our lives cannot be closed. Parents, we truly are an open book in the library of learning of our homes.” Thomas S Monson

Thursday, March 11, 2010

Emotional High

I had a party for David tonight (well, last night really). It was a lot of fun, and showed us some things about people that we didn't realize before. We were surprised by the guests who did or didn't come. Pleased to see the support of some truly amazing people.

I was proud of myself. There was a very small "incident" between two of our guests, both of whom I care about A LOT! It would be normal for me to nod and "agree" with both sides to please "everyone." However, I told both parties how I truly felt, and felt secure enough in our relationship to know that they would love me just as much either way.

Miriam, you and Chris were AWESOME Hosts! Thank you a million and 100 more times over for your generosity!

Being truly frank, I was quite upset over the absence of David's youngest Brother. I think the fact that he chose not to come was rude.

I also realized that I will be having the rest of our parties at home. Wherever that may be. It is just to emotionally.... and physically draining to travel long distances, and care for a Family of 6 on the go like this. I truly pray that we will be able to move to Tooele so that we can still be involved with and invite the people we love. But this trip was just too much to keep doing it. That's one thing that I've noticed pretty consistantly: After an emotionally fulfilling night like this, there is always the let down afterward. I don't mean to be negative. It's just that leaving the Temple, for example: There's this amazing high from the experience, and then coming out into the "real world" and having so much going on that isn't even in the same realm as what was just experienced, is hard.

No comments:

Followers